Transfer Students

Whether you transfer in as a freshman, sophomore or upperclassman, we’re dedicated to helping make your transition to C of I a smooth process, enabling you to concentrate on what matters most – learning from great professors who care about your success in the classroom and in life. No matter your circumstances or what college you’re coming from, we’ll help you transfer quickly and easily without the headache and hassle of excess paperwork. 

Transfer Application Checklist

Transfering to another school can seem like a daunting task, but if you follow these easy steps and you will be on the right start to enrolling at one of the best colleges in the west.  

    1. Visit Campus (strongly recommended).
    2. Complete and submit an application.
    3. Submit a letter of recommendation. This should come from someone who knows you academically and can also be attached to your application.  
    4. Request an official transcript from each college you have attended to be sent directly to The College of Idaho Admission Office, 2112 Cleveland Blvd, Caldwell, ID 83605. We need a transcript from each college even if a college includes courses you took at another college on a transcript.
    5. Please ask your high school to mail us your official transcript (ideally with ACT/SAT scores). 
    6. Official ACT or SAT scores are needed only if both: a) you will enroll fewer than 3 years after graduating from high school and b) the C of I will not accept at least 28 credits.
    7. Complete and submit the FAFSA form.
    8. If you plan to continue in one of the following extra-curricular areas, we encourage you to apply for a talent scholarship. Talent scholarships are offered in athletics, art, theatre, music, campus ministries and debate.
    9. To receive the automatic annual scholarship for PTK members please contact PTK. You can sort their directory by Title and ask a Key Services Associate to email verification that you are a PTK member. If you're in a community college but are not a PTK member, you can find out if your college has a PTK chapter and how to join it if you are eligible.
    10. Pay your $300 deposit. The sooner you deposit, the higher priority you have to register for courses and the more likely you are to receive your housing preferences (if you will be living on campus). Your deposit will be applied to your student education expenses. and must be paid prior to attending an orientation. Deposits can be paid online.
    11. Registration for orientation is available to accepted students only. Please contact your admission counselor for details on important steps to complete prior to attending an orientation.

Questions? Click here to contact your Admissions Counselor.